Monday, September 5, 2011
The Begining
America is unhealthy. No, let me rephrase that...America is overweight. You could also classify it as fat, obese or out of shape. However you choose to say it, being overweight is unhealthy. By taking a glance at a group of American people at any public setting you will see that well over half of those people fall into this category. It is a trend that continues to grow in this country. Not wanting to fall victim to its grasp my wife and I decided we needed to start being more healthy. Where were we to start? We both grew up being very active people. My wife was a dancer from the time she was four and I have been playing sports since about the same time. We had no trouble keeping the weight off back then thanks to our high metabolism from staying so active on a daily basis. I could eat as much ice cream as I wanted (and I usually did) and not gain any weight. We've now been married for almost three years and couldn't help but notice recently that our weight was slowly going up. You could call it being lazy or not having enough time, but the fact remained that we were heading to join the group of millions of Americans who are overweight and unhealthy. This was a category we didn't want to fall into and we knew something had to be done! After reading a couple books and researching a couple of diets we came across a product which has been extremely useful in helping us be healthy...the Vitamix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
THere isn't a button to follow you...Maybe you can add that in?
ReplyDelete