Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Did you know?

So I recently wrote a post about the Lap Band. I was talking about how it only masks the problem of obesity and does not help to correct the true underlying problems causing it.

Well I came across this article in the LA Times which tells the story of a local Lap Band clinic that had a patient die shortly after the surgery. Not only are they faced with the patient death on their record, they are also being sued by the patients husband.

Sad news, but a good incentive to not get the Lap Band surgery and instead help yourself by eating right and exercising. Not only will you gain the much needed drive and focus to remain healthy, you also won't have to worry about gaining the weight back a year after the surgery because you will know how to continue staying healthy!

1 comment: